This workshop explores Karma and
- How is Karma created?
- our own role in making the choices that advance our spiritual progress.
- What are the different types of Karma?
- how do they tie in to our fate or destiny
- how Karma drives the cycle of transmigration, keeps us bound to the world, and prevents us from realizing our spiritual potential.
- When is Karma not created?
- How to burn the Karmic seed(s)?
- how to overcome Karma if we are to break the cycle of transmigration and advance on the spiritual path.
- the role of a Spiritual Master in helping us break free from this cycle.
- 6:45pm to 7:00pm - Meet and Greet
- 7:00pm to 8:00pm - This presentation
- 8:00pm to 8:30pm - Meditation with instructions
- 8:30pm to 9:00pm - Free Vegetarian Dinner
Serena was born in Houston, Texas and baptized in the Catholic Faith at St. Vincent de Paul. When she was 3 years old her family moved to Sheridan, Texas. She enjoyed the beauty of country living, driving a tractor, feeding farm animals, and gardening. In elementary school she continued her faith through Holy Communion and in high school she attended the Church of the Guardian Angel every Wednesday night and Sunday morning to earn Confirmation. On a trip to Washington, DC while standing on the steps of the White House a group of 3 monks walked up to her and gave her a book on Sanskrit. Serena began studying meditation. After high school, she moved to Austin, Texas where she studied History and Government at the University of Texas and Austin Community College. She began learning from various meditation practices throughout the world, studying Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism, Muslim, and Greek and Roman Mythology. She visited a few temples and tried various forms of meditation. Currently, Serena lives in Houston and is a Financial Advisor, helping individuals, families, and business build, manage, protect, and transition wealth. In 2012, Serena was introduced to Jyoti Meditation and has continued to practice this technique.